A world that is a network of interdependent, resilient communities
Being set up in 12.5 acres of land, in the 2nd driest district in India (Anantapur Andhra Pradesh), ProtoVillage is a role-model rural community being built for the villagers, by the villagers. It will be a center for learning, practice, demonstration and dissemination of the knowledge on how any community in this region can organize itself to be Socially cohesive, Ecologically sustainable and Economically viable
- To function as a model village demonstrating a Resilientcommunity life based on the principles of respect for nature and Interdependence.
- To function as a centre for research & development of ecologically sustainable enterprises.
- To create and nurture a rural entrepreneurship ecosystem that helps villagers establish locally appropriate and ecologically sustainable enterprises.
- To collaboratively build an open, comprehensive repository of knowledge on all aspects of Resilience.
- To facilitate the establishment of role-model rural communities across India through a network of committed teams of fellows, and spread the idea of Resilience.
Va l u e s
- Service (“wise-action”)